This information is only for customers who have purchased Bont products from the Bont Canada online shop. If you have purchased your skates or Bont items from any other shop, please contact them regarding your warranty and returns.
If any items show signs of use i.e. mounted, heat molded, skated in, worn, will not be exchanged, or refunded. They will be returned to the customer as we cannot resell them.
Return Shipping: The return shipment must be prepaid and insured by the customer. We are not responsible for return freight fees. We will not accept “freight collect” shipments. Pack the product(s) securely. We will not be responsible for any shipping damage.
Stock Boots: We will exchange/refund items that have been returned within one month if they have not been used or heat molded and are in as-new condition. If a frame is scratched from mounting bolts or if a plate has been mounted to the boot other than the original plate mounted from Bont, we cannot exchange them. A $15 restocking fee will be applied to the second exchange of the same product (s). Also, if a size change is needed and a plate has been mounted to the boot, 20$ of mounting plate fees will be charged. We are not responsible for the shipping back skates fees for a size change.
Semi-Custom Boots: We will exchange semi-custom skates one time if you have ordered the wrong size. We will not exchange the boots for any other reason as they have been made to your specifications and we cannot re-sell them.
Full Custom Boots: Please note that there is no refund or return for Full Custom skates because the boots are made for your feet.
Exchanges/Refunds: Exchanges will be processed within 5 days of receipt, and refunds will be processed within 1 week of receiving the returned product in new condition. If the item is not in stock for the exchange, you will be notified of the shipping date. Original shipping will not be refunded as well as credit card or Paypal fees.
Bont skates and other items are covered by warranty for a period of 12 months from date of purchase against defects in materials and workmanship. The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear. Items that are not covered under warranty include:
- Any part of the skate that has been involved in a crash. If you have crashed and something is scratched or broken, it is not covered under warranty.
- Anything where you have damaged the boots yourself eg. Overheating the boots when heat molding, jumping in your skates, using washers between the boot and the frame, backing over your skate bag with the car in your driveway. These are not covered by our warranty.
If you have a problem that you think is a manufacturing mistake, then we are more than happy to help you to solve the problem asap.
If you purchased your Bont product from a shop, please contact that shop with your receipt. They will contact us with your warranty claim.
If you purchased your Bont product from Bont Canada directly, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- A copy of the receipt of purchase.
- Clear photos of the problem. If you can draw arrows on the photos to show us where the problem is, it is even better.
- Your name, address, contact number and email.
- Details about how long you had the skates for, what you were doing with them when you had the problem, product model number.